Thursday, May 29, 2008

Joy B is moved by the Earth

Today is almost exactly a year since I posted anything on this blog. I got other blogs and somehow just forgot this wonderful world of my toon self... Today we also had a massive earthquake in Iceland. I live up high and could feel it and things fell from the shelves - yet i live an hours drive from the source of the quake...

The Earth quaked at 6.3 richter close to where my fathers bones are lost and my mothers ashes buried ... and i will be going searching for bones next Saturday - well almost - perhaps the river lost its grips on the shiny white rocks of his bones.

It is a good thing that the houses are sturdy in Iceland - no one got seriously hurt - but people close to the source of the quake are shaken and fearful. No panic though. Just this classic Icelandic calm of fear.

2 comments:

J. L. T. said...

Birgitta-min,
one year after... welcome back! i remember the story with earthquake and Ch....
embracing you
J. L. T.

Birgitta Jónsdóttir said...

thank you my friendly elf:)

if it is not the storm it is the earth moving
people are in a bit of a shock where the source of the quake was - everything in their nests is broken...

but no one got seriously injured and that is a blessing